Friday, April 11, 2014

Salmon and Cucumber Sushi


After grilling a couple of pieces of salmon with my Asian marinade recipe, I used a fork to flake up the fish and rolled it into sushi. Plain grilled salmon or canned salmon can be used in the sushi rolls; it is not necessary to marinade the salmon.

I'd previously cooked some brown rice, quinoa, and also blended and heated through some cauliflower. I mixed all this together instead of simply using plain rice. The end result tasted great and had a little more variety than regular sushi rice.

I'll most likely alternate between sushi rolls with this version and my tuna and avocado sushi. However, I think I'll be tempted to use blended cauliflower in both recipes as 100g is only 25 calories!

Salmon and Cucumber Sushi
Makes 2 sushi rolls

Ingredients:
- 22g /0.8oz cooked brown rice
- 22g / 0.8oz cooked quinoa
- 150g / 5oz blended cauliflower
- 85g / 3oz salmon
- 30g / 1oz cucumber
- 2 sheets nori seaweed
- 15ml / 1tbsp soy sauce, light (optional)*

Method:
Lay the nori seaweed on top of the sushi mat - rough side facing up, smooth side down. Spread cooked rice, quinoa and blended cauliflower mix over the seaweed.
Add salmon and cucumber close to the edge.

Roll the seaweed using the mat. Wet the edge of the seaweed at the end, so that it sticks and takes a cylindrical shape.
Using a sharp knife, cut into bite-size pieces, approx. 8 per roll.
ENJOY!


Nutritional Information:


No comments:

Post a Comment