Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Avocado Cheese Bread


I had 4 avocados that needed eating so I made chocolate pudding and avocado hummus. I was going to make guacamole but decided to try a cheese bread. It was a little experimental but it turned out ok. I used bean liquid, from the canned beans used in the avocado hummus, instead of eggs. I also added nutritional yeast to give it extra nutty cheesy flavour. I then only used 3oz of reduced fat cheese making the bread healthier than if I'd used 4oz and/or full fat. I could have used regular flour but I had some blended oats already in a stored container. Similarly, I already had prepared taco seasoning from my Chicken Taco Broccoli Bake recipe so it was just a case of mixing everything together in a bowl.

Avocado Cheese Bread
Makes 8

Ingredients:
- 200g / 7oz avocado, mashed
- 30g / 1oz jalapeño, minced
- 90ml / 6tbsp bean liquid (aquafaba)
- 160g / 6oz oat flour
- 16g / 2tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp taco seasoning (a blend of herbs and spices)
- 85g / 3oz cheese, grated (I use reduced fat 2%)

Method:
  • In a bowl, combine the avocado, jalapeño and bean liquid (aquafaba).
  • Add the oat flour, nutritional yeast, baking soda and taco seasoning.
  • Stir to combine and then mix in the cheese.
  • Pour mixture into a 9x9 baking tray and bake at 220C / 425F for 20-25 minutes.
  • Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing. ENJOY!


Nutritional Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment