Sunday, April 5, 2015

Salmon and Sweet Corn Soup


The weather may be getting warmer but I'm still enjoying soups. They are quick and easy to make, plus extra servings can be frozen so I'll probably be eating soups throughout summer - depending on what I find in my freezer!

Naturally sweet from the corn, a great source of omega-3 and protein from the salmon, with potatoes adding a good dose of carbs, this soup is hearty and warming. I couldn't help sneaking in a little chopped celery too! Fresh salmon can be used, but for me canned fish is always easier, cheaper and quicker.

Salmon and Sweet Corn Soup
Makes 4

Ingredients:
- 160g / 6oz onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 335g / 12oz salmon, cooked and chopped (I use canned salmon)
- 85g / 3oz / 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 170g / 6oz sweet corn
- 600g / 21oz potatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp dill
- ground black pepper
- 720ml / 24floz chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 240ml / 8floz water
- 240ml / 8floz almond milk, unsweetened

Method:
In a pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook the onion, garlic, salmon, celery, sweet corn and potatoes for 5 minutes, adding a splash of water if ingredients begin to stick to the base of the pan.
Stir in the dill and black pepper.
Add broth and water.
Gently simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. ENJOY!

 

Nutritional Information:


No comments:

Post a Comment